For thirty years the Windsor Schools in Hamm provided an English secondary education for the children of the British military posted to Germany. From 1953 to 1983 over 16,000 pupils passed through their doors. The schools were run by the British Families Education Service.
First opening in November 1953 as a co-educational boarding school the school divided in 1959 to Windsor Boys and Windsor Girls schools. In 1981 they remerged back to Windsor School and closed in July 1983.
The history of the schools